Saturday, March 12, 2011

{RE}Decorating-What to do when there's nothing to do PART 1

With my husband deployed and myself stuck at freezing Fort Drum, watching snow fill up over my window sills, it's no surprise that I spend little time outside of my home right now.  I absolutely hate it.  I am an outdoors type of person and spending my days inside my home in an attempt to keep my body temperature above 10 is very depressing.  I have recently found some sanctity in crocheting and photo sessions can keep me busy with editing for a few days or so.  But when I ran out of yarn last week and I had no photo session in site for several days, I wasn't sure what to do with my time.  Luckily, my sis-in-law came to keep me busy for a few weeks.  I took advantage of the rare opportunity of a babysitter to paint my living room and sew some new curtains.  Without my sis-in-law around to entertain my toddler, I can't imagine how difficult it would have been to even attempt some of my living room makeover projects.  I'm so glad it's finished though. I mean, since I'm going to be spending so much time in this house, it's nice to actually enjoy my surroundings.

When we first purchased the home...



Original decorating. This green was not the color I picked out on the swatch.



After I watched HGTV for a month at my parent's home.  I painted the green wall gray, sewed new curtains and pillows, painted the coffee table white, rearranged my furniture, and added a rug. LOVE IT!





No comments:

Post a Comment