Friday, June 17, 2011

Born to be an Army wife, no really!

Something I've always been proud of...my birthday is on flag day.  You see, I've always been a oober-patriotic, red, white, and blue wearing, flag waving, national anthem singing American...it's sick really.  After marrying a soldier (of course), I learned something knew about my birthday, I also share it with the Army's Birthday (how fitting, right!) So now I have something new to brag about, and my husband will never have an excuse for forgetting my birthday.  Well, anyhow, this past birthday, I didn't do much celebrating (I was a bit blue with my husband being deployed), but I managed to celebrate a couple days before with my mom, brother, niece and nephew, my son, and my cousin.  We spent the day at my favorite place in Louisville, Churchill Downs (btw, I may have to rethink my retirement plan).  After we had dinner at Tumbleweed and later that evening I blew out the candles on a delicious and beautifully decorated cake, adorned with a camera of course...made by my talented mommy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment