Sunday, June 26, 2011

Picture Perfect Cookies

Tomorrow morning I'll be dropping off my husband's 4th of July care package.  So tonight is prep night :)  I've been feeling a bit crafty lately, so I did a little online research and found some tips on cookie decorating here.  Instead of just smearing royal icing over a cookie, I learned about flooding a cookie.  It requires a thinner royal icing. You can add more milk to your royal icing or look up a recipe for glacé icing.  The technique requires you to first outline the cookie with your regular royal icing and then use the thinner icing to flow out to the edges.  I used a toothpick to help direct the icing to the corners.  This is a pretty simple technique, hard to mess up.  They turned out super pretty!






No comments:

Post a Comment