Saturday, October 8, 2011

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE little THINGS

Welcome to yet another blog post about the hub's homecoming preparations.  Today I cleaned the truck inside and out, cleaned the garage, and put the final touches on some of my husband's special surprises.  I know it might sound silly to put so much effort into his homecoming.  Afterall, he's so excited to come home, he probably doesn't care what the house looks like or what my hair and nails look like, right?  Well maybe this is true but I still want everything to be perfect for him.  Perfect and comfortable.  I've done my best to make his transition back home as welcoming as possible.  I personally think it's the little touches that show how much you really missed them and that you truly care.  Here's a taste of what I've been up to...
1) My husband's favorite beverages that he's missed for the past year, Bud Light, Homemade Sweet Tea, and Big Red
2) I made him a welcome home toiletries gift basket.  He's going to need all this new stuff anyhow (they tend to pack lightly and throw a lot of things away upon returning home), so no point in running to walmart after his welcome home ceremony.  I got him some new washcloths, body wash, razors, shaving cream, toothbrush, deodorant, q-tips, and some new Very Sexy for him cologne :) 
3) My husband always used to complain that there were never enough towels in the house, so I just bought a dozen more and stocked up the linen closet. 
4) I also purchased him some protein from GNC this week so he can get right back into his workout routine.

3 comments:

  1. That;s super sweet of you.
    It def. is the little things. Even if others don't think it's a big deal, these are small things he's been missing since he's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is extremely thoughtful of you. It truly is the little things that mean the most sometimes and I'm sure your husband appreciates all that you do for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He told me he really appreciated the toiletries basket. He said it was real thoughtful of me to think of those little things before he came home :)

    ReplyDelete