Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MMM...DONUTS...

Homer Simpson And DonutThis week's box is brought to you by The Simpsons and the letter mmmmm.... and the letter ooooooo....
My inspiration for said box started a few weeks ago, after finding some Simpson's gummy snacks at Michael's. I figured it'd be easy. I could throw in The Simpson's Movie, The Simpson's gummy snacks, those embarrassing and tacky Simpson's boxer shorts (you can find those just about anywhere), and some Butterfingers (remember those old Bart Simpson's commercials?) Of course, that's about all I thought of at the time, but I figured I'd think of more as time went along.  Well, I didn't think of much more, as that's about all the Simpson's items that inevitably ended up in the box a few weeks later.  However, my husband has requested I place individual snack bags in each box now, so there wasn't room for much more anyhow.  When considering cookie ideas for my Simpson's Themed box,  I thought about making beer mugs, beer cans, radio active symbols or a few other cookie ideas.  But there was no doubt I had to do donuts. We all know Homer loves Donuts, if you don't believe me, read the above post. Here is a step by step of this weeks cookie...

Step 1: Use a circular cookie cutter or a cup to cut out your cookies.  Then use a smaller circular item (like the base of an icing tip) to cut out the center hole.  Place on a baking sheet.

Step 2: Bake them (duh)

Step 3: Clean your mixing bowl so that you may prepare your icing for the next step.

Step 4: Pipe the outline of the donut icing with the thicker icing. Allow at least 1 hour of setting time before moving to step 5.

Step 5: Fill in the icing with the glacĂ© icing and cover with sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment